Our DNA is the key to everything. As it is with sex, our 22 chromosomes include one for sex.
Genomics is an interdisciplinary field of biology focusing on the structure, function, evolution, mapping, and editing of genomes. A genome is an organism’s complete set of DNA, including all of its genes. In contrast to genetics, which refers to the study of individual genes and their roles in inheritance, genomics aims at the collective characterization and quantification of all of an organism’s genes, their interrelations and influence on the organism.
Genes may direct the production of proteins with the assistance of enzymes and messenger molecules. In turn, proteins make up body structures such as organs and tissues as well as control chemical reactions and carry signals between cells. Genomics also involves the sequencing and analysis of genomes through uses of high throughput DNA sequencing and bioinformatics to assemble and analyze the function and structure of entire genomes. Advances in genomics have triggered a revolution in discovery-based research and systems biology to facilitate understanding of even the most complex biological systems such as the brain.
We have introduced the Veritas Full Genomic Gene Sequencing. We want you understand your disease risks by understanding your DNA.
Veritas myGenome provides insights relevant to you from over 100 inherited diseases in categories including:
- Inherited cancers (incl. breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer)
- Cardiovascular diseases (incl. hypertension, coronary artery disease)
- Immune disorders (incl. rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease)
- Endocrine & metabolic syndromes (incl. diabetes, obesity)
- Neurological disorders (incl. Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia, Autism)
- Mental & mood disorders (incl. schizophrenia, anxiety, depression)
- Organ health (incl. cataract, glaucoma)
- Reproductive / Carrier (incl. conditions relevant to family planning)
Insights to live healthier, longer…